No replies to this topic

#1 Hidden Numbers

Hidden Numbers

n00bie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

Hey guys.

This is my first post here, as I haven't really ever touched much in regards to memory hacking.

Basically, what I'm doing at this point is attempting to create a glitch that happened in older patches of the game. The developer left open a few holes to allow the player to deploy "biodomes" twice on the planet. These colonies that were domes in the game earlier in 2005 are revered as holy to veteran players.

At this point, I've taken a few programming classes in college and have some basic game design under my belt. So what I'm trying to do is to either A. find the memory that tell the client that the colony is uncolonized or B. packet hack to send the packet twice with slight differences.

Probably, in order to get a hack like this to work I'd need to do both. From my experience with lag-switching myself, the client doesn't have to talk to the server in order to send the "colonize planet" packet. I have the packets captured, I'm pretty sure which packet it is. I just don't know the first thing about finding what the information in the packet means as well as trying to find the memory in the game via Cheat Engine is hard. I've ran string checks, but I know from my experience with decompiling Java code that the variables are under random names.

So basically, if somebody would be interested in pointing me in the right direction or talking to me more about this project, it'd be cool. If we can get a working exploit, I'd be more than willing to give you some cash for the efforts. :)

Regards,
Hidden Numbers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users